Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dad.... Amarte Asi

My Dad passed away in March last year. I missed him terribly. My younger sister used to tease me by calling me "Daddy's girl" because may be to her I appeared closer to Dad. Ever since I was a little girl, I had always confided to Dad each time I worry about something or anything at all... He was always there to listen and to console whenever necessary.
My Dad taught me how to recite the Quran. He patiently held the bicycle's rear when I first learnt how to cycle just like in the fast food advertisement on tv. He accompanied me to school for one whole week when I first started primary school. I can still vividly recall him holding my hand as we walked down to town after I've finished class to catch a bus ride home. He taught me to look to the left... then look to the right before I crossed the road to town.
I don't think I can match him when it comes to teaching my own children the values of life. Every waking moment of his was spent on doing da'wah to his children, his relatives... even his customers (my dad owned a sundry shop) were not spared! He reminded to me remember Allah at all times and not to forget syaitan's eternal promise to deceive human beings.
To me, Dad is still alive and will always live because I never got the chance to see him buried on the day he died. When I reached home, everybody had just got back from the graveyard... If only they had waited just a little bit longer. So, each time I go back to my home town, I still feel as if he is still around. As a Muslimah, I know, insya Allah, I'll meet him again in Mahsyar... hopefully both of us will be among those people whom Allah is pleased with them.
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I pray that Allah is pleased with you in Barzah. Amarte asi.

No comments: