Monday, July 2, 2007

Budu

Budu is synonymous with the east coast states of Malaysia, especially Kelantan and Terengganu. If Melaka is famous for its cincalok, then budu is the food associated with these folks over here.
An acquaintance sent me an e-mail recently about budu. Budu has gone international! Wow!! Research done at the University of North Carolina, USA has revealed that eating budu has several positive impacts, among them, eating budu can increase, believe it or not, your IQ! Eating budu can also help you to avoid heart problems and hypertension.
Budu can reduce cholesterol. It has the potential to resist free radicals besides resisting the process of aging and, amazingly, can avoid breast cancer too! Budu contains multivitamins, iron, calcium and magnesium. Too good to be true, isn't it? I sincerely hope someone is not trying to pull my legs with this budu news. If what was sent to me is true, may be that explains why there are so many students from Kelantan in our public universities.... it could be the result of eating budu. After this perhaps we should 'drink' budu just like we drink mineral water...heh heh he he he ....
I would appreciate it a lot if researchers from our local universities can verify whether this information is true or not. If it is really true, then I'll have to make it a habit to add budu to my diet...
Just in case you're interested to read more on this, please browse through:

1 comment:

Aisyah Ulya said...

Is it true?
Eating budu irritating my nose..
Hehe