Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Ron Wyatt

People who care to read my blog must be wondering... why am I poking my nose in areas other than Maths... Well, to be blunt, I must say that my areas of interest are so diverse.
Ok. That explains why I want to talk about Ron Wyatt today. Have you watched Steven Spielberg's movies "Raiders of The Lost Ark" , "Indiana Jones" or "Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom"? Heh heh he he he... If I hadn't become a lecturer, most probably I would have ended up being a journalist or an archaeologist... all due to the influence of Steven Spielberg's movies.
Ron Wyatt is an archaeologist. Together with his wife Mary Nell Wyatt, they've done research in the middle east, discovering many wonderful things such as the Firaun's wheels in the Red Sea, Noah's Ark in Turkey, the stones from Sodom and Gomorrah's era , just to mention a few. If you click on to his website which I will write down at the end of this writing, you will be shocked and awed just like me I guess.... simply because he reminds me of Indiana Jones (acted by Harrison Ford) complete with the hat and all. Perhaps Steven Spielberg must have visualized and personified his on screen hero from the life of Ron Wyatt heh heh he he....
One thing that I respect about the Westerners is their determination, their keenness, their thoroughness, their sacrifice, the willingness to go all out when they're interested to do research in their areas of interest. If you're a fan of the National Geographic series, you can see for example, their stubbornness to live with the gorillas in Africa year in year out, sacrifice their lives to get a better camera angle of volcanic eruptions, painstakingly wait for polar bears to appear in their arctic excursions... They made our lives to see the grandeur of Allah's creations so much easier, by just sitting back, relaxing in our couch in front of our tv sets.
Back to Ron Wyatt. Please browse through the following to appreciate his works in the archaeological field. You won't regret it, infact, even though he uses the bible, as Muslims, we'll appreciate the Quran more after reading his website. Whatever he discovered only proved further that whatever Allah mentioned in the Quran is very true and there's no doubt about it.

1 comment:

zidnee 'ilmaa said...

I agree with you..& they are so appreciative, especially for the weather.. which we never do..I am a friend of your friend - NorAzian Mohd Ali (Yan Ali). See me at http://blogsini.blogspot.com . Salam perkenalan :)